Hi everyone, as a first proper blog post I’ve decided to introduce myself! I’m sure some of you are wondering who I am and what is the purpose of this blog, so let me answer this for you! I’ve been freelancing full-time as a Graphic Designer for quite some time (since 2013) and I recently decided that I wanted to share my knowledge of freelancing and graphic design with everyone! I’m not a writer so please forgive me for any spelling or grammatical errors – I hope to improve with each post! Some of the topics (in no particular order) that I will cover are:
– Lifestyle of a Freelance Graphic Designer
– How to find work and get noticed
– Digital Vs. Print
– Why you should start a blog!
– The pros and cons of Freelancing
– What is branding and why is it important?
– How to design a logo for your business
– How to trade services and collaborate with other creatives
– How to design a digital & physical Portfolio
– Books that I’m reading
– Other topics: Travel, Coffee, Food
All of these topics will be based on my experience as a Freelance Graphic Designer living in Melbourne and I hope to inspire, connect and help other graphic designers, freelancers, creatives, and so on. I look forward to sharing my thoughts with all of you! Please feel free to email me with post suggestions and feedback (see contact page for details).
Thank you for reading!